+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's up on Port 82 ??

Junior Member yeppir is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

What's up on Port 82 ??

What is PrintRoot wanting to do behind our backs on Port 82 ("web1.51.la") every time we visit the PrintRoot website? Is this really necessary? Most other websites don't do this.

Administrator pradmin has disabled reputation pradmin's Avatar
    Thanks
    thats just site traffic statistics. is it big problem for you? if so i'll consider select other. thanks!
    â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„â–„

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pradmin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Well, it set-off my reverse firewall, and it thus spooked me as something up to no good. So I duly had set my firewall to block it. Why don't you just use port 80, which already is open for web browsers? With all the viruses & malware out there these days, why ask for trouble? (Nevertheless, I will open port 82 for that URL, to help you with accurate sadistics for this board, which I love.)

Junior Member Greg Wallace is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Port

I'm a new user. Is this something I need to set on osX???

Thanks
    ^ No, Greg, if this thing in question didn't set-off any alarms, then you're probably not running a reverse firewall, and no further settings are necessary. (On the other hand, if you're using software & serials downloaded from this board, most all of them "phone home," and you really ought to be running a reverse firewall, such as [URL="http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/index.html"]Little Snitch[/URL].)

Junior Member 525 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yeppir View Post
    Well, it set-off my reverse firewall, and it thus spooked me as something up to no good. So I duly had set my firewall to block it. Why don't you just use port 80, which already is open for web browsers? With all the viruses & malware out there these days, why ask for trouble? (Nevertheless, I will open port 82 for that URL, to help you with accurate sadistics for this board, which I love.)
    Im with you yeppir had the same thing happen

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread