+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: What is your thoughts about a forum like Printroot?

Junior Member urbers is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks
    I agree with most responses, it's a great resource for comping but when it is used the art should be purchased. Support your fellow artists!

Junior Member hilary468 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I agree with the other comments... How can you justify spending considerable amounts of money on a professional font, before being able to work with it completely and therefor knowing if it has a place in a job... Personally I download it from the web to play around with and then I purchase it if I need it for a job.

Junior Member Thanatos will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

What is your thoughts about a forum like Printroot?

At first was very career useful.
    As i started, so i can understand more about print protocols, CTP's, letterpress, etc.
    allowed me to expand a lot my vision about the work i've been doing.

not being cynical, the resources are amazing.

but i was really amazed with the load of information about my job around here.

Junior Member CaptainMojo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Now that I just graduated from college and found myself a job, I still find these forums a gold mine for resources. It feels bad tho -- to acquire fonts that aren't "legally bought" but they're so expensive and I have other stuff to buy (e.g. a new computer), maybe, someday, if my salary went a little higher I could buy some essential font families.

Banned aprilhw3 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I heart PrintRoot! I appreciate all the work that goes into maintaining the forum. I also appreciate the hard work of the font designers and believe they deserve to profit from the endeavor.

Junior Member roguenine is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The frustrating thing about fonts is that there are a lot that I am only going to use once, maybe twice. Just doesn't make sense buying them for a single use.

Member dagonsage is a glorious beacon of light dagonsage is a glorious beacon of light dagonsage is a glorious beacon of light dagonsage is a glorious beacon of light dagonsage is a glorious beacon of light dagonsage is a glorious beacon of light
    Thanks
    As a professional designer this is a great resource for discussing and helping one another when in the early ideating process. There might just be a font that is ideal for a particular client and needs to be used. Printroot provides me with resources to locate fonts that help with this process and reduce the mundane task of locating a replacement.

That being said, once the client signs off on the idea, a proper license is purchased.

Junior Member girlviolence is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I use this forum primarily to download fonts to use on designs and then when the client approves the design, we buy the license from the legit website! It's hard to convince a client to fork out any money, especially for more beautifully crafted fonts from independant foundries unless they see it in the flesh first, and then you can generally talk them into it easily.

So it's good! In my opinion it might be helping foundries get more exposure as well?

Junior Member Sydney is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I still prefer forums over any other type of social media. Easy to find information and dig in on a particular subject, but you can completely disconnect if you want.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5