Member mykillingbox will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Proof that posts should be screened better

I came across these threads in the Resources area:

http://www.printroot.com/forum/f24/hallmark-fonts-20080/
    Posted on 05-09-2013 03:54 PM

http://www.printroot.com/forum/f24/hallmark-fonts-23455/
    Posted on 07-05-2013 04:37 AM

Both threads have the same link. My guess is the newer member just copied the link from of the older posts. Tsk tsk...

Junior Member kookos is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Well yes. That's violating forum's rules? But there are many other problems too.

People do not utilize search option and because of that some (especially new members) are posting fonts that already have links... (I think this is just for having greater post count faster). And topics where ppl are told to use search, will confuse the situation in resources forum more and more every day...

Plus lately some have been obviously sharing free versions of fonts that every could download for example from dafont.com. Quite annoying and against forum rules too. I don't know what should be d with that kind of posts? Is reporting those posts the right thing to do?

Thanks
    Yeah I agree. What's more disturbing about this is that the URL posted are the same. I don't mind duplicates 'cause sometimes files expire or whatever but to use some else's link is downright douchebaggy, imo.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mykillingbox For This Useful Post:

Member wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 163 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kookos View Post
    And topics where ppl are told to use search, will confuse the situation in resources forum more and more every day...
    I have to say I really don't understand why so many people aren't searching before they make a request. I know there are some forums elsewhere online where the search function just doesn't work well, but that's not the case here, at least not for me.

If people aren't finding what they need using a local search, they could always try this search string in Google: [name of font] site:printroot.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wordnerd View Post
    If people aren't finding what they need using a local search, they could always try this search string in Google: [name of font] site:printroot.com
    Actually Google search really works better (because forum search includes captcha that ppl feel very annoying, me too - if there wasn't captcha, would ppl search more?).

thing I just don't get. Why the same font (Soda Script) is linked here today and just a couple of days ago - by same user? Both links are working fine. By the way, for this font it's third time in this month... all links working fine. Also link posted last month works fine...

Thanks
    ...Why the same font (Soda Script) is linked here today and just a couple of days ago - by same user? Both links are working fine. By the way, for this font it's third time in this month... all links working fine. Also link posted last month works fine...
    seems like the user is upping their post count. what some people do is get another user's uploaded font then they upload it themselves. that should only be applicable if the source file is broken or already expired.

Member wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 163 Posts
    Actually Google search really works better (because forum search includes captcha that ppl feel very annoying, me too - if there wasn't captcha, would ppl search more?
    Are you getting the captcha even when you're logged in?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wordnerd View Post
    Are you getting the captcha even when you're logged in?
    For some reason, sometimes, yes.

Thanks
    Ugh. Search before you request, people!

[EBOOK] (REQUEST) The big book of font combinations
    http://www.printroot.com/forum/f29/request-big-book-font-combinations-28632/

can be found here

[EBOOK] The-Big-Book-of-Font-Combination
    http://www.printroot.com/forum/f29/big-book-font-combination-18417/

Another frustrating thing is that I can't reply to the poster because the thread is in the Printing Resource Center.

+ Reply to Thread