+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Problem downloading files

  1. #1
    Member Signsup is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Problem downloading files

    I know this is not a site problem, but this seems like the best place to ask this question. Sometimes, when I try to download a font file, it seems to download, but the download breaks at the end and I get this message in the Tools/Downloads window of Firefox: "Blocked: May contain a virus or spyware." My OS is Windows 7 SP1. My antivirus is Malwarebytes. I really don't think there is a virus or spyware in the files because I see that many other people have downloaded them and not complained. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,342
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 626 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Signsup View Post
    I know this is not a site problem, but this seems like the best place to ask this question. Sometimes, when I try to download a font file, it seems to download, but the download breaks at the end and I get this message in the Tools/Downloads window of Firefox: "Blocked: May contain a virus or spyware." My OS is Windows 7 SP1. My antivirus is Malwarebytes. I really don't think there is a virus or spyware in the files because I see that many other people have downloaded them and not complained. Any suggestions?
    very easy!

    try another browser and disable your virus protection!

  3. #3
    Junior Member quid246 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chrome can be a little aggressive I find. If you get the error, drop the URL into Firefox and should work no problem. If your computer AV then goes off... then definitely avoid the file.

  4. #4
    Member Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked 306 Times in 58 Posts
    With Chrome, if I come across a page that I feel it's overreacting about (probably some garbage about a missing certificate) I select to proceed with caution while having the Ghostery + uBlock Origin and then re-enable the malware blocking... Wouldn't risk it if it's some shady warez zone plastered with clickbait.

  5. #5
    Junior Member coolkips is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 38 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    very easy!

    try another browser and disable your virus protection!
    Its too dangerous with virus protection disabled, I'm not recommend it

  6. #6
    Normal Member luisku is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Querétaro, Mexico
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the same problem on mozilla, and sometimes when i finally download it it says that the file is corrupted

  7. #7
    Banned submeg is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luisku View Post
    I have the same problem on mozilla, and sometimes when i finally download it it says that the file is corrupted
    try edge, not any problem...

  8. #8
    Junior Member pippocd is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by submeg View Post
    try edge, not any problem...
    same problem

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2014, 01:09 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 06:50 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 05:45 AM
  4. problem with transparency in PDF files
    By Willer in forum Computer To Plate
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 05:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts