+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Name and password of uploaded resources

Senior Member linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,080 Times in 434 Posts

Name and password of uploaded resources

First, thanks for all effort people put here at this forum.
    I have suggestion (mostly a notice) about naming and password your file.

As we can see, we have a lot of people just come, download and go away (hit-n-run), so we should put them in HIDE tag, this problem is well mentioned in a lot of discussion so I don't need to repeat.

About the name of the file, recently I see a lot of uploader name their file exactly the same as the resource/font name, for example, I upload abc-script.otf, I name the zip file abc-script.zip, I think this is not good, since this file can be removed anytime and can lead the ge.tt (or whatever filehosting service) account removed/banned. To avoid as much as possible, it's good to rename with some special characters instead of normal character, for example, @ for a, 4 for h and ...use your creativity. (abc-script turns to @bc-scr1pt). Because I really don't know what happens to font, but for software, I saw a lot of people lost their account because of this, so be careful.

For example, swit renamed Desire to desyr here:
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.
    And do password your file, for the same purpose: your own sake, and printroot's sake.

That's all. Hope my idea is useful to you.
    What do you think?

Banned 88anna is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I agree with yout suggestion ;)

+ Reply to Thread