+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Image Hotlinking

Member mykillingbox will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Image Hotlinking

I've not been on this site for months and I must say it's looking good! Good job on the mods for cleaning up the forum.

I dunno if there is a rule concerning images being posted on the forum but I just want to suggest (or give a gentle reminder if there is already such a rule) for people who are requesting or sharing fonts to not hotlink pics straight from that big commercial font site.

'Tis all. ;)

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mykillingbox View Post
    I've not been on this site for months and I must say it's looking good! Good job on the mods for cleaning up the forum.

I dunno if there is a rule concerning images being posted on the forum but I just want to suggest (or give a gentle reminder if there is already such a rule) for people who are requesting or sharing fonts to not hotlink pics straight from that big commercial font site.

'Tis all. ;)
    why don't you know???

didn't you read the rules?

its clearly written there:

20. direct linking to images or any other content from developer/publisher sites is not allowed, take the time to download and reupload the images to tinypic,imageshack or any other image hosting service, failure to comply may result in a ban

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    why don't you know???

didn't you read the rules?

its clearly written there:
    there's no need to be condescending. clearly you did not read my comment thoroughly as i have indicated there "(or give a gentle reminder if there is already such a rule)". also, if this was already part of the rules then why are there posts with hotlinked images still? it's an oversight on the part of the poster.

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mykillingbox View Post
    there's no need to be condescending. clearly you did not read my comment thoroughly as i have indicated there "(or give a gentle reminder if there is already such a rule)". also, if this was already part of the rules then why are there posts with hotlinked images still? it's an oversight on the part of the poster.
    are you kidding??? do you need a daily reminder for traffic speed limits too?

a reminder for the rules? they are available at the top of every page and have to be accepted by everyone before posting. so you have to be familiar and if you are not sure you can have a lookup at every time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    are you kidding??? do you need a daily reminder for traffic speed limits too?

a reminder for the rules? they are available at the top of every page and have to be accepted by everyone before posting. so you have to be familiar and if you are not sure you can have a lookup at every time.
    Wow. Just wow.

I posted that message, again, as a friendly reminder for everyone. Not to attack anyone for not following the rules. As I have said in my post, I applaud the hard work of the moderators. But sometimes, some members neglect some of the rules; and eventually, these petty oversights add to the bulk of the moderators' work.

I merely mentioned that there are posts with hotlinked images straight from MF. Generally, I've received nice responses from other members whenever I open discussions. Really, I don't get why are you being patronizing.

It's unfortunate that I am the recipient of your unpleasantness; but if you're having a bad day, I sincerely hope your day gets better.

+ Reply to Thread