+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forum Clean-up!

Member okra is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Forum Clean-up!

Im still a new member here but I am amazed at how many dead links and invalid threads there are. Im not blaming any but the whole idea of having staff is to help maintain the smooth running of the site, to keep it clean, handle any disputes, provide valid information and general thread cleaning/link validation.... apart from a whole load of other things that staff members do. It appears that staff are here regularly but fail to actually do anything related to their status. I for would like to see masses of useless threads deleted, masses of threads in the wrong section re-organised to their correct place and the rules enforced... i.e. "English" only... there are quite a few threads that are in all sorts of languages, most I have seen are Spanish or Portuguese.
    As this section is for suggestions and comments I hopefully wont get any bad feedback from the staff... Im just stating facts and trying to point out some problems so that it may help the forum!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by szewei View Post
    Checking links will take forever, though. :|
    It wouldnt if the staff were doing their job daily and picking up the trash. It seems as though the staff have neglected their roles and forgotten what being a Mod is all about!
    A little everday and the site would once again be clean.... it would also be easier to maintain and clean the trash everyday.

Thanks
    But thats exactly what mods are for. If they dont do it and the admin dont do it... who else is there left to do it? Us mortal members dont have staff access to do it so I guess the site will just get more and more cluttered making the job even harder when some does decide to do something about it.

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by okra View Post
    But thats exactly what mods are for. If they dont do it and the admin dont do it... who else is there left to do it? Us mortal members dont have staff access to do it so I guess the site will just get more and more cluttered making the job even harder when some does decide to do something about it.
    since you are not so long here, you forgot 1 easy solution:

a big board crash down with lots of data loss.

so there is a chance for a fresh restart!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    since you are not so long here, you forgot 1 easy solution:

a big board crash down with lots of data loss.

so there is a chance for a fresh restart!
    Since when has cleaning a forum ever caused a crash?... could you please explain that?.... as long as all the unwanted/useless/dead/exhausted threads are placed in Trash, the site will maintain its thread/post count. I have cleaned hundreds of posts a day on other sites without any issues... whty should that happen here?
    Im not sure I really understand your comment mate.

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Since when has cleaning a forum ever caused a crash?... could you please explain that?.... as long as all the unwanted/useless/dead/exhausted threads are placed in Trash, the site will maintain its thread/post count. I have cleaned hundreds of posts a day on other sites without any issues... whty should that happen here?
    Im not sure I really understand your comment mate.
    yepp, you didnt understand my ironic comment.

as i said you are not so long here, so you dont know the history of this board.

i am talking about the "easy solution" the other way round:

a big crash (reason unknow) deletes many posts and lot of users lose their accounts.

this is a "simple" way of cleaning the board without any interaction and efforts.

either by accident or by purpose, who knows for sure?

this already happened once and there is no guarantee that this might not happen again.

as you can see, this might be the first self-cleaning board in the world!

Thanks
    Hahaha... Im with you now! Hell Yeah....it would definately be a first!... anyway thanks for the heads up on the sites history.... maybe that is even more reason to get the staff into action?

Banned Dirac is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think they were looking for new mods at some point. But it's a full time job, this.

+ Reply to Thread