+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fonts posting

Banned lestercruz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

we should have a gallery

Gallery instead of posts so we can see stuff.

aax
    Banned aax is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    +1
    A bit of housekeeping wouldn't hurt

Member tinytoes has a spectacular aura about tinytoes has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    i wanted to organize the fonts section, take out dead links, duplicate posts, group fonts into foundries, etc. but i don't have admin access. i want to help, i'm a neat freak.

you are all too kind. you still answer the requests of people who don't search first. i think you should let them find it on their own. i once went through 9,300 posts in this section to find something because i feel guilty that i don't have a lot to share. but i can help if you want this forum cleaned up.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tinytoes For This Useful Post:

Banned dadadada is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lestercruz View Post
    Yeaah, I agree, gallery would be great.

Member mykillingbox will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Few suggestions about font posts:

- the post # restrictions per font posted is entirely up to the person who posted the font. if they want to put in higher post counts, it's their choice. to borrow a common practice in another font request site i am a part of: post restrictions should be higher for rarer fonts or fonts that are harder to find. if link to the font that was posted before expired and was requested for a repost, the person granting the request usually put post # restrictions according to the total post # of the person who requested.

- please, please, please hide your links. i suggest you put 1 to 5 for the post count requirement if you want the newer members to dl your stuff. i found this site looking for fonts and as a non-member i looked around the site and was able to download a number of fonts without having to be a member. where's the exclusivity?

- about spamming, well i thought i can now be able to post in the printing resource center after being a member for a month, turns out i still can't. i try to engage in conversations (not just the usual "i agree" replies) instead of spamming all over the place. even the "hey i'm new" threads are all over the place. on the subject of people sharing fonts, yes they're sharing fonts but really, the fonts they're sharing are either free and easily downloadable from the internet, or reposting fonts that were already shared with the older links still active (or like what i found, people reposting exact links posted by other people)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mykillingbox For This Useful Post:

Banned wildcard77 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    font threads should compulsorily have

image view
    foundry link/myfonts link

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard77 View Post
    font threads should compulsorily have

image view
    foundry link/myfonts link
    And font image previews should not be hotlinked from MyFonts

Thanks
    A good post from HappySunshineKid:

HTML Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.
    I have some comments though:

About naming threads:

I agree, it's hard to search fonts of the titles were all "masked" (bunch of symbols and letters). I don't know why people title their threads with funky symbols, tbh. A good workaround is title your post the normal way but enclose your links with "hide" if you don't want "outsiders" to access your links but keep the post count attainable for the members. With regard to not having time to search, think about the other people (including me) who search the forum first if a font we're searching for was already posted. It's irritating to seeing the same font being posted several times all with active links with "normal" titles. IMO, not having time to search is not a good reason and yes, going through page after page is time-consuming but I believe the workaround I posted would benefit everybody.

About Requests:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't read any thread where people said to make requests, we need to share first. Personally, I haven't shared anything (other than my unsolicited opinions *lol*) basically because I have an issue where to post it (I can't post in the Printing Resources section). The forum is cluttered enough as it is. I think what other members have an issue with is that they share but people who dl their stuff don't even bother to click "Thanks" (not posting "Awesome!" or "Thanks!" on the thread itself because that is spamming people!). Clicking the "Thanks" button is the least anybody can do.

About post count restrictions:

The post count restrictions are entirely the sharer's prerogative. There's nothing we can do with that. I make it a point to participate in discussions (not just "I agree" replies) rather than spam the forum with free fonts or flood it with useless replies. A good rule of thumb: do not contribute to the problems.
    Last edited by mykillingbox; 10-29-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Banned lestercruz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Any updates on this? This should be resolved already. Fonts section please :)

Thanks
    Any updates on this? This should be resolved already. Fonts section please :)
    To tell you frankly I don't even know if the forum is being moderated at all at this point. I remember reading a post by some who donated $50 but was unable to access the Printing Resources section; I dunno if that was already resolved.

13. Your ad here

Junior Member femalehero is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tinytoes View Post
    you are all too kind. you still answer the requests of people who don't search first. i think you should let them find it on their own. i once went through 9,300 posts in this section to find something because i feel guilty that i don't have a lot to share. but i can help if you want this forum cleaned up.
    ^^ this. :)

Banned mcchicken is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I quite agree - so every user can see the font and saves the time to search it at myfonts or google etc. You'll get immediately an impression and decide: want to have it or not?

Banned cirogaetano is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Some fonts could be useless and just to create a flood-thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2