+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duplicates

Junior Member akkrsm is a glorious beacon of light akkrsm is a glorious beacon of light akkrsm is a glorious beacon of light akkrsm is a glorious beacon of light akkrsm is a glorious beacon of light
    Thanks

Duplicates

Hi, I'm really new here, and don't want to sound rude or criticize anybody, but what's the proper way of dealing with duplicates in the forum?

Without sounding selfish, I put in effort, energy when sharing something and I always try to post the way the posting rules say: with hidden links, infos, pics, etc. Than the next day a new post appears with the same subject, but without anything the posting-rules say & user just puts up a link and some smileys, without stating what's the difference between his/hers post compared to mine, makes me a bit confused.

I'm a junior member here and I don't want to complain about the rules or the lack of using the SEARCH function by newbies, but I don't get the point of sharing the same files with different dload links. specially when something is freshly posted and the links are up & working.

so my main question is what to do with duplicates? or do I have to do anything when I found 1?

thanks for the further input

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by akkrsm View Post
    Hi, I'm really new here, and don't want to sound rude or criticize anybody, but what's the proper way of dealing with duplicates in the forum?

Without sounding selfish, I put in effort, energy when sharing something and I always try to post the way the posting rules say: with hidden links, infos, pics, etc. Than the next day a new post appears with the same subject, but without anything the posting-rules say & user just puts up a link and some smileys, without stating what's the difference between his/hers post compared to mine, makes me a bit confused.

I'm a junior member here and I don't want to complain about the rules or the lack of using the SEARCH function by newbies, but I don't get the point of sharing the same files with different dload links. specially when something is freshly posted and the links are up & working.

so my main question is what to do with duplicates? or do I have to do anything when I found 1?

thanks for the further input
    unfortunately this is the nature of this forum. everybody wants to upload and post senseless things to earn some points to become full member.

everybody is in the rush to get those magic 20 posts and finds out afterwards that the postings have to be useful and will be reviewed.

best way to avoid this duplicates might be to review the postings BEFORE they get online. so the posting counter is more accurate since only the "good" postings are counted and the forum doesnt get cluttered by all these flooding posts.

Junior Member akkrsm is a glorious beacon of light akkrsm is a glorious beacon of light akkrsm is a glorious beacon of light akkrsm is a glorious beacon of light akkrsm is a glorious beacon of light
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    unfortunately this is the nature of this forum. everybody wants to upload and post senseless things to earn some points to become full member.

everybody is in the rush to get those magic 20 posts and finds out afterwards that the postings have to be useful and will be reviewed.

best way to avoid this duplicates might be to review the postings BEFORE they get online. so the posting counter is more accurate since only the "good" postings are counted and the forum doesnt get cluttered by all these flooding posts.
    thanks spider, this would be great!
    as I see from a 1 week experience, for newbies the main goal of registering here is to achieve the full access to the secret realms of the resource center, but how you get there doesn't count. I mean most of the posts I see from 'juniors' like me are against the rules (direct linking, lack of infos, lack of pw protection etc.) and duplicates.
    I just don't get it what it is good for? or who is it good for? these type of shares will never get you to the full resource area & if this kind of posts doesn't make any sense, why is it even allowed to post these type of threads?

I'm a designer, i mostly work for the web, some print jobs, etc.
    I'm not the first to say for me printing/graphic design & typography goes hand in hand. I found printroot by searching for a typeface... many of my shares are fonts, most of them. but meaningless posts or users who have 30 post by saying hello 4 times and posting requests (the rules again: as I read, requests go in the Request section, not in the Resources/Fonts area and just put request in the title) hold me back from sharing my files that I'm glad about. as I see everything here is about the resource center, other threds/sections are a bit out of control. I'm really happy to be here & don't get me wrong, but I think rules were not set just for fun, their purpose is to help, guide & take you to your goals. AMEN!

update: after these words, I'm glad to say I made my first duplicate post!
    Last edited by akkrsm; 05-29-2013 at 07:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread