+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adding Photos to Threads

Member karenlyn will become famous soon enough karenlyn will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Adding Photos to Threads

I'm having such a hard time using the uploader to add photos to threads. I get an error whether I try to upload from my computer or a website. For web addresses, I copy the image url and get a "not a valid image file" from a regular JPG that shows up fine using the image address in my browser.

I have some great resources I'd like to share, but nobody wants them without seeing a photo! Can anybody point me towards a tutorial on the forum where I can learn what I'm doing wrong? Or a better way to add photos to a thread? Thank you!

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by karenlyn View Post
    I'm having such a hard time using the uploader to add photos to threads. I get an error whether I try to upload from my computer or a website. For web addresses, I copy the image url and get a "not a valid image file" from a regular JPG that shows up fine using the image address in my browser.

I have some great resources I'd like to share, but nobody wants them without seeing a photo! Can anybody point me towards a tutorial on the forum where I can learn what I'm doing wrong? Or a better way to add photos to a thread? Thank you!
    upload your image to a free imagehoster and embed the link to your hosted image in your forum post with the image tags.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spider For This Useful Post:

Senior Member linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,080 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karenlyn View Post

Do not use the attachment system of forum, use the external service, like photobucket, imageshack...

Take a look to tony 7's tutorial in this thread, you will find some good advice there:
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.
    Les jours tristes

5. The Following User Says Thank You to linkgreencold For This Useful Post:

Member karenlyn will become famous soon enough karenlyn will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    I thought there must be a tutorial somewhere! Thank you!

Member wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 163 Posts
    Also: As a safety precaution, never directly link images from corporate sites -- download them to your desktop first.

Banned webfaster is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Just use wrap code below this comment box !

Good luck

+ Reply to Thread